About Matthew Hamilton
The road to Lulu & Po has been long and winding for Matthew Hamilton, a veteran chef and former Marine, Great Grandson of a butcher and Grandson to a ships cook. After a childhood on Long Island and Upstate NY, immersed in local foods (clams from the sound, turtles from the local ponds, pig roasts on neighboring farms) he discovered a world of previously unknown tastes when stationed in Arizona, California, and Japan while serving in the Marine Corps.
- BIB GOURMAND NYCMichelin Guide 2016
- 100 dishes to eat right now (Bone Marrow Tacos)Village Voice
View all accolades ▾Show less ▴
- BEST USE OF ANCHOVIESVillage Voice
- CITY'S TOP BURGERSNew York Post
- BEST BURGER IN BROOKLYNDNAinfo