About Alexander Ong
Born and raised in Malaysia, Alexander Ong apprenticed at the Shangri-La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur for 4 years before coming to United States. Recruited by the Ritz Carlton Buckhead in Atlanta, he has traveled throughout United States working on assignments for the company. In 1995, he moved to San Francisco where he worked with chef Jeremiah Tower at Stars for 3 years. Though he was trained in classical French cooking, he decided to return to his Asian roots and opened Le Colonial’s kitchen and then Xanadu in Berkeley.
- Three StarsSan Francisco Chronicle
- Bib GourmandMichelin Guide
View all accolades ▾Show less ▴
- Rising Star ChefSan Francisco Chronicle
- The Big Eat SF7X7 magazine
- ChefsFeed WinnerOne of the Best Things to Eat in SF