About Karen Hatfield
Karen Hatfield is the chef and co-owner of The Sycamore Kitchen and Odys and Penelope. Her pastry career began not far from home at the Los Angeles Culinary Institute, where she perfected her ability to take classic combinations and translate them in unexpected ways. Upon graduation, she honed her pastry skills under the guidance of SHERRY YARD at Spago, which is also were she met her husband. After a few years, the couple moved to New York and quickly immersed themselves in the New York restaurant scene.
- Nominee for Outstanding Pastry ChefJames Beard Foundation
- 10 Best New RestaurantsBon Appétit
View all accolades ▾Show less ▴
- Three StarsLos Angeles Times
- Best New RestaurantAngeleno magazine
- America’s Best New RestaurantsThe Daily Beast