"The tacos are Tijuana-style. They pretty much have all the different offal cuts available."
ChefJason KnibbLa Jolla
- Gold Medallion Award: Best Fine Dining RestaurantCalifornia Restaurant Association
- 2015 Award of ExcellenceWine Spectator
- Best Top 10 Overall RestaurantsOpenTable
- Top 10 Restaurants in San DiegoZagat Survey
- Inductee into Chef Hall of FameSan Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles
- 2015 REAL: Responsible Epicurean and Agricultural LeadershipUnited States Healthful Food Council
- 2015 ‘Best of the Best’ AwardFodor’s Travel
- 2015 Certificate of Excellence AwardTrip Advisor
- ChefsFeed WinnerOne of the Best Things to Eat in SD
- Nine-Ten Restaurant and Bar
- 910 Prospect St
- La Jolla, CA
"La Tiendita has a taco bar on the weekends. It has some delicious tacos and it is truly a neighborhood gem. I really like the lengua tacos. They are cooked to perfection every time. You can ask for white beans to be added to your tacos for no extra charge. All the salsas are homemade and tasty."
"If you go to Porkyland, you have to order a carnitas burrito. The tortilla is what really makes it for me. It's thin and has this soft and silky texture that I really like."
Reviews At My Restaurants
"Assorted mushrooms, frisée, parsley, crispy pork lardons, white truffle oil, and a whole-grain mustard vinaigrette—for such a seemingly simple dish, the flavors balance each other out incredibly. The egg itself is out of this world! I really can't get over the pork belly lardons either."
"Chef Jason Knibb is one of the most talented in the city; everything he creates is delicious. His French toast has always been my favorite breakfast dish in San Diego. It's just perfect because the bread is soufflé-like—soft, warm, amazing!"